LW gives students an understanding of the general legal framework in the UK and also covers specific areas of the law as they relate to business.
The key syllabus areas are:
- Structure and essential elements of the legal system
- The law of obligations
- Employment law
- Formation and constitution of business organisations
- Capital and financing of companies
- Management, administration and regulation of companies
- Legal implications of companies involved in difficulty or crisis
- Governance and ethical issues relating to business
The CL exam is a two-hour computer based assessment. The pass mark is 50%.
- Section A consists of objective test questions 20 x 2 mark and 10 x 1 mark questions.
- Section B consists of 5 x 6 mark multi-task questions
In section B you will be required to support your analysis by referring to case law and examples. There is no need to detail the facts of the case as it is the point of law that the case establishes that is important. However, summary knowledge of the case does help identify the correct answer as some scenario questions are based on well known cases. It is not necessary to quote section numbers of Acts.
Dates: September to December 2018, January to March 2019
Exam Sitting: CBE on demand
Course Length: 5 days
Price: Full course £600 inc.VAT
Dates and Prices